What is the PE and Sport Premium Grant?
The PE and Sport Premium Grant is an amount of funding from the government given either directly to schools or via local authorities. It is extra to the school budget. For schools with over 17 pupils it is based on a lump sum amount and then a smaller amount per pupil.
What are the aims of the PE and Sport Grant?
Schools must spend the funding to improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils, but they are free to choose the best of way using of the money.
For example, you could use your funding to:
- hire specialist PE teachers
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with teaching resources to help them teach PE and sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs
- run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools
- run sports competitions both within and across schools