This half term we are learning all about animals and using our writing skills, we will be writing an animal fact file. We will be practising using correct punctuation in our writing and making sure we re read our work and edit it.
What you can practice at home -
- Read different animal fact files.
- Watch animal documentaries.
- Explore documentaries made by Sir David Attenborough.
- Draw pictures of their favourite animals.
- Practice writing facts about their favourite animal.
- Practice writing 'perfect sentences' using capital letters, finger spaces and full stops.
- Explore the use of explanation marks.
- Practice writing your fact files.
- Handwriting practice including joining!
Language is a huge part of writing so talking through animal grouping and exploring the different language is a key part of home learning.
-Count, read and write numbers to 100 in numerals; count in multiples of twos, fives and tens. (Draw around hands and count in 5's, count objects in 2's - houses, animals, Lego).
-Given a number, identify one more and one less.
-Identify and represent numbers using objects and pictorial representations including the number line, and use language of: equal to, more than, less than (fewer), most, least.
-Read and write numbers from 1 to 20 in numerals and words.
-Read, write and interpret mathematical statements involving addition (+), subtraction (–) equals (=) signs. (Number sentence quiz).
-Represent and use number bonds and related subtraction facts within 20 (Practise number bond to 10 and 20).
-Add and subtract 1-digit & 2-digit numbers to 20, including zero.
-Solve one-step problems that involve addition and subtraction, using concrete objects & pictorial representations and missing problems.
Go on a plant hunt, which plants can you find.
- Choose two contrasting plants to draw and describe how they are different.
Plan some mustards seeds or cress and observe which part of the plant grows first.
- Write a post card from somewhere you have visited in the UK what was it like what did you do?
- Identify the different flags of the UK and colour them in.
- Make a poster for the different UK countries.
We will design pictures using a range of tools and learn to save and retrieve our work. Have a go at painting on a simple paint app. With support can you save and open your picture.